Friday, April 19, 2013

Organic Goodness

Clearly, the children will lead us...
This article is a fascinating research study conducted by a middle schooler from Plano, Tx., Ria Chhabra.  It's a great read and encouraging to know that somewhere, children are being taught to think out of the box and not being parked in front of a TV.
Is Organic Better?  Ask a Fruit Fly by Tara Parker-Pope.

I know that my body always feels better when I eat organic food or, at least naturally grown produce.  As a fibromyalgia sufferer, I have sensitivity to anything that is raised with hormones and/or pesticides.  When I eat these foods, I experience a variety of symptoms ranging from intense migraines to inflammation, which then causes bad fibro pain.  However, I've learned a lot about what to eat, where to find it, and how to cook it.  So, I'd like to follow the above article with my wonderful local and organic produce supplier.  I LOVE them!

They used to be Arganica and under that name, I was helping with their blog, but Arganica was purchased by Relay Foods.  Relay is based out of Charlottesville, Va. and is therefore, completely in touch with the farms, ranches, and local producers of the Va., Md., and Pa., areas.  Be careful in what you select though because they do use Safeway and Farm Fresh to source some cheaper (non-organic/non-local) produce as well as regular home goods products.  Each item you select tells you where it comes from and gives some brief information about the producer or distributor.

RelayFoods.com

I can make it a one-stop-shop if I want and they deliver to the DC metro area three times a week.  Also, they deliver to Richmond, Va., Charlottesville, Va., and Baltimore, Md. regions.  Delivery fees can be adjusted to pay-per-deliver or you can select the $20 a month for unlimited deliveries.

Click HERE if you're interested in learning more about Relay Foods.  Also, you get $20 off your first $80 purchase.  If $80 sounds like a lot, then please look at your future grocery receipt.  You'll be surprised at how much you can get from them with $80.  My favorite vendors with Relay are: Carpe Donut, Babes in Woods, Mona Lisa Pasta, The Cheese Shop, Trickling Springs Creamery, and Moctec Mexican Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment