This is a favorite recipe of one of my California roommate, Julia. She used the Seasoning to make this Salmon Dish at least once a week. It became VERY popular among my friends in LA and now VA.
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Dry Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Paprika - I used Smoked Spanish Paprika. It gives the Salmon a smoked flavor.
- 1 Teaspoon of Unsweetened Baking Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Coarse Sea Salt
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Pour, carefully, into an air tight container (I recommend a spice shaker with a lid on it, or an old spice container) for later use.
- 2Take a piece of Salmon and thoroughly coat it in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 3Sprinkle/coat desired amount of Salmon Seasoning on the piece of Salmon. (I understand that a lot is better than a little.)
- 4Place Salmon on a baking sheet covered with tinfoil (for easy clean up) skin side down.
- 5Cook the Salmon at 450 degrees until done. 20 minutes for a thick, steak-like piece.
This can be pre-made and used over time. Seasoning should be kept in an
Source: Collected by JoLynda Lawecki